Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year and then some...

So I feel like each time I update my blog, it is full with random events.
Once again, that is what it consists of.
Fun stuff though.
Starting awhile back...
some awesome pictures when we
had the beautiful double rainbow
I know everyone who knew about it
pulled out their cameras,
because we don't see that often.

So here's Terra, Wendy and I having some fun.
(I cut off Terra's thumbs up...oops)





This was Jason's creative thinking...
grabbing a pot from the kitchen...


Thanksgiving was a very fun day. Tyson returned from his mission the night before, so we basically lived at my parents the next few days,
enjoying stories, slide shows, and tons of hugs!

After a big Thanksgiving day, we had to enjoy some time at the Millers house. By the time we got there, it was about 9 PM. The girls were spiked on some energy drinks that they decided to try, and boy did we get a kick out of that. Thankfully Alex and I had plenty of energy without caffeine, not knowing how long of a night it would end up being. We played a fun game, can't remember it off the top of my head now, but it involved some challenges. I will spare Katy from the videos we took of that fun night, but I will throw in one random picture of Alex's challenge. Holding a spoon in his mouth for the next two peoples turns. haha.

After playing that game, the girls wanted to do some ROCKBAND.
We headed to our house and had some fun with that. Realizing that it was already 1am, we decided to just stay up and do some black friday shopping since that started around 3am.

This was Alex and Emy's first time coming black friday shopping with us,
and I think both the boys opted out for next year, or ever again.
Alex said it would be more fun to buy something big! Probably because after waiting for hours in line, we just bought a few cheap movies. That was the fun part though, hanging out.

(everyone bundled up)
That was some fun times. Lots of laughs.

Since Tyson is home, we needed a new family picture...

(I had to upload the silly one of Jason...zoolander face)


With Tysons homecoming, we had some family in town. Our cousins, Eric and Harmony came and stayed with us, it was tons of fun. We played lots of Rock Band, and even their daughter Skye joined in. She was too cute!

Tyson has played a lot of Rock Band with us, since that time.
He is unbelieveably good at the drums, but I guess thats what happens when you have really good rhythm to begin with.
I don't have pictures on my camera, but both my mom and dad
joined in on RockBand over our Christmas break.
My mom did some singing,
and Dad tried the guitar and drums,
but ended up preferring the guitar (or bass).
Some other fun happenings around this time,
Terra petting a bird... which she hates!
I love how Wendy is just cool with whatever kind of pet!
She has a good touch with animals.
(gotta love Terra's expression in this picture..)
The month of December was grand as usual.
This year I participated in our Stake's Relief Society Christmas Concert.
It was a wonderful experience!
Challenging music, weeks of preparation,
and a wonderful turn out!
The program was really enjoyable, from the side of being in it.
The audience enjoyed it too, so I hear.
It was great to start the Christmas season off more Christ oriented.
I am very grateful for the birth of our Savior
and the wonderful life he lived as an example to us.
Most of all his sacrifice, to atone for our sins,
and the beauty of the resurrection.
We are so blessed because of Jesus Christ.

December also involved, some work parties,
some days off, and too many treats!

The office I work at in Sanger had our dinner party
in Selma, at Cattlemen's. It was my first time there,
and they are well known for the yummy meat.
Sorry to all the vegetarians and vegans,
just scroll quickly here...


Alex and I both ordered baby back pork ribs.
They come very close in competition to Famous Daves' ribs,
but still not quite as delicious!
I don't eat ribs often, so its always a treat!

Alex pulling up his sleeves to dig in...

That was a lot of ribs!
So we enjoyed it warmed up the next day too.




Next order of business for December...
Like I mentioned previously, we moved out of Grandma's house,
since it sold. And we are crashing at the Millers for the time being.
December is a crazy month to move,
especially the day we picked, it rained ALL day long.
We didn't really get a break.
It all worked out good though, and we got all our things
in storage, and in spaces at our parents' houses,
they are so nice for all they do!
We are enjoying time at the Millers,
its worked out well, since we spend a lot of time here
anyways with the holidays, not to mention
my family is not far from here either.

Donna mentioned on her blog that we are in escrow on a house,
so I suppose we should confirm that it's true!

We were trying to keep it on the down low as long as possible,
but each day we end up telling more people!
Once we officially have a key,
I will share the details of our house!
We are very excited to become homeowners,
especially since we weren't planning on it 6 months ago.
Things just work out in wonderous ways sometimes.
We feel very blessed for this opportunity,
and look forward to having our own home soon!

Ending for the month of December,
Alex and I both had some time off from work,
Matt and Terra did as well.
Spontaneously, we decided to take a day trip
and head to San Simeon to do a tour of Hearst Castle.
Tyson was headed to the coast also to hang with some friends,
so it turned out to be a fun little road trip.


(I can't tell you how many times we tried taking that picture to get everyones face in it....it was funny)



Alex hasn't been to Hearst Castle in a really long time.
He was pretty stoked.
It was probably the most beautiful day to be there.
Sometimes it overcast and cloudy when we've gone in the past,
but this day was just awesome!


I promised Alex I wouldn't take too many pictures...


This time of year they decorated a few of the rooms with poinsetta's, and Christmas trees, it was very pretty!


Hard to get a clear picture when you can't use the flash...
but you get the idea.
Fun times!




Like I said, it was a beautiful afternoon in San Simeon!




Since Matt is starting the CHP training now,
it was fun to enjoy those last couple of days together.
Also fun to get to do something with those days off!

Happy New Year too!
Alex and I managed to stay up past midnight again,
too much of that these last few weeks...
Time to get back on that good sleeping schedule.
Our Christmas gift to Perry, and from Katy too,
was a firepit. So for New Years Eve,
we got to roast some marshmellows!

YUM!


We have been very blessed this past year,
not too much sickness, a little towards the end,
but we feel very lucky for our good health.
We have enjoyed another year of marriage,
surrounded by wonderful family.
We were so blessed to be particularly close to Grandma Miller
the last 2 years of her life.
Alex has had more school under his belt,
and I have gained more work experience in Dental Hygiene.
We look forward to what the new year brings!
I will definitely keep everyone updated on our house adventure,
and hopefully everything works out!
I wish you all a very happy new year too!


No comments: