Thursday, July 29, 2010

Home Projects- Fence


Suprisingly, I have yet to post much about our home.
Perhaps this is because all the projects we have
started are incomplete...!
Sad, but true!

Now, we have finished a few, so I shouldn't
exaggerate too much... Just sometimes it feels
like there is still sooo much to do!

So randomly, here is one project we have done.
Its technically not finished,
but almost, so I'm posting anyways...

We have a lovely RV gate access side yard,
which hopefully will get some good
use over the years.
The only problem was the fence to the side yard...
was not much of a fence.
Every time we opened it,
it seemed to be getting worse and worse.
A few times we thought the wind
would blow it down for sure!

Since we got the puppies,
and for peace of mind... we knew
it was a fence that needed replacing.
I am glad to have married a man
who is willing to save some dollars
and try a new project!
Now, there is no way this could have been
done without the help of his dad.
I got to escape for the day and go
shopping with Donna, while the men
did all the work!
It was nice!

So here we go...
I wish the before pictures could truely grasp
how bad this fence was...
It was caving in pretty bad...

not to mention the miss matched wood,
as someone tried to patch it up over the years...
yikes, right?
The men hard at work....

we bought these metal,
do it yourself type framing work...
which seems to be doing pretty well so far.
The beautiful results!...

The part I did get to help with...
staining the wood.

This is still where the project is left at.

Eventually I will get around to staining the rest of the fence.
From the street it looks done,
so thats all that matters for now!
Like I said...each project has some minor
details for finish it up...
As for now though, I absolutely love our fence!
Now it feels more secure,
looks 100 times better,
and shows what an awesome husband I have...;)

1 comment:

kelly said...

They did a great job! Yay for men that sren't afraid to tackle do it yourself projects.